- We have a couple of extra hard copies available – at a discounted price – for anyone who would like to join us at the end of the month.
If you can’t join us then, consider joining us on Wednesday January 18th as we read and discuss one of this year’s White Pine nominated YA titles.
- Our shortlist of titles to choose from has just gone out to Book Club members.
- Check out the titles we’re considering reading in this shared Google Doc.
New members are always welcome. We have a lovely “assortment” of students, staff, parents, grads and others, who participate.
- New members should sign up on this Google Form.
- We’ll get back to you with everything you need to know!.. including how you can get in on our bulk purchase programme and get your own hardcover copy of The Wonder for 50% off retail price.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT ESA’s OWN BOOK CLUB…
Please join us for ESA’s Own Book Club. New members are welcome anytime.
We had a very successful inaugural year during the 2015-16 school year. We’re back for an even bigger and better book club in 2016-17.
- We are going to read our way through five (5) books this year.
- We are also going to hold two meetings on each book club day… an after school meeting to accommodate any (students and/or staff primarily) who are unable to make it in the evening on account of school commitments.
- This will be in addition to the regularly scheduled evening book club meeting.
For the regular (evening) book club meeting:
- plan to join us in the Library for tea and treats at 6:45pm (bring your own mug!);
- we will begin discussing our book promptly at 7pm;
- expect to wrap up around 9pm;
- all members of the ESA community – past and present – are welcome to attend. We have a great group of students, staff, parents and grads among our complement.
Mark your calendar as follows:
- Wed Nov 30th, 2016 – date changed to avoid conflict with ARTS Showcase!!
- Wed Jan 18th, 2017
- Wed Mar 8th, 2017
- Wed May 3rd, 2017