The Forum for Young Canadians is a civics education programme for students aged 15-19 years of age.
- Would you like to contribute to the future of your community and your country?
- Are you interested in decision-making and politics?
- Forum for Young Canadians offers a fun and exciting opportunity to meet other engaged students.
- Take part in an incredible week behind the scenes of the world of federal politics on Parliament Hill.
- You will learn to communicate, collaborate and transform your ideas into meaningful community action.
Applications are open, until January 20th, 2017.
Current ESA student Ava Young participated in the Forum last year – and had an inspiring experience.
- Thanks to Ava having participated, there is one guaranteed spot for a student from ESA to be able to attend in 2017… as long as we submit our choice of candidate by December 1st.
Session dates are as follows:
- Monday February 20th to Saturday February 25th, 2017
- Sunday March 5th to Friday March 10th, 2017
- Sunday March 19th to Friday March 24th, 2017
If you are interested in being considered as our “designated school candidate”:
- please complete this application form: and,
- include your letter stating why you wish to attend the Forum.
Submit this application to Ms. Wray (in the Library) by no later than the end of the school day on Wednesday November 23rd.
- All student applications received by the deadline will be considered.
- All applicants will be notified by the end of next week.
The student who is chosen as our “designated school candidate” must be able to complete the application process – including payment of the $895 programme fee – by the December 1st deadline.