Do you like to garden? Do you have a few hours, once or twice a week during the summer, to do a light weeding and watering at the ESA gardens?
- Volunteers – staff, students, parents, friends – are needed to mind our garden for one week each during the summer.
- This typically means watering once or twice, subject to weather conditions.
- You do need to be able to get to the school between 7am and 2:00pm… the task takes approx. 2 hours.
Environment Canada’s 3 month summer forecast suggests that this summer will be pretty typical of 30 year historical averages… near normal temperatures, a little cooler than usual if anything, with fairly typical rainfall. Notwithstanding this, every summer brings its share of hot and dry weather. This means the gardens, despite being almost exclusively native plant materials, really could use some TLC throughout the summer months.
- If we get a good rain the week you’re on, it’s typically a free pass.
- If it’s a scorcher that week, a second day of minding is greatly appreciated.
Community service hours are available for students who participate in summer maintenance.
Many thanks in advance.