If you applied for a Toronto Public Library (TPL) card during the card blitz, you’re in business.
Cards – and/or information about the status of your TPL account – have been delivered to teachers:
- Grade 9 students will receive their TPL cards or paperwork via their Geography teacher;
- Grade 10 students will (primarily) receive their TPL cards or paperwork via their History teacher;
- Senior students will (in most cases) receive their TPL cards or paperwork via the classroom teacher who distributed/collected their application form.
Understanding you TPL application form:
If you do not receive a new physical card, your application has a notation on it.
- If you have never had a TPL card, before, you have received a physical card.
- If you have had a TPL card in the recent past, your card was renewed.
- If you have had a TPL card in the not so recent past, your account was re-activated.
- In some cases (the minority) where you had an active account, your account information was updated as appropriate.
If you did not received a new physical TPL card, and you have no idea where your previous card is… you need to to go into your local branch library and get them to assign you a new card and account number.