Welcome to the Special Education Department
The Special Education Department at ESA provides a network of support for students with diverse learning styles and needs, their families and their classroom teachers.
Who Is Eligible For Support?
- students who have an Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- students who are IPRC’d with a formal exceptionality (eg. Learning Disability)
- students who have been identified as otherwise being at-risk and who require more direct support
How Are Students Selected to Receive Support?
An identification process involving all of the following is used:
- referrals by classroom teachers, guidance counselors and administrators
- consultation with Board staff
- consultation with grade 8 feeder schools regarding in-coming grade 9 students
- parent/student input