The TDSB is committed to creating an equitable school system where the achievement and well-being of every student is fostered through rich, culturally authentic learning experiences in diverse, accepting environments where all are included, every voice is heard, and every experience is honored. The TDSB strives to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities.
Personal information contained on the application form or general information collected on behalf of the Toronto District School Board regarding the student is collected under the authority of the Education Act and in compliance with sections 14, 31 and 32 of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for education, transportation and health and safety purposes. For further information, please contact Vice-Principal Peter Gazzellone at 416-394-6910 x 20012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESA Open House
Our in-person open house is scheduled for November 8th from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. At our open house you can tour different spaces and speak to our arts focus teachers, visit the gymnasium to talk to our academic teachers, and stop by our cafeteria to speak to our guidance department to get assistance with the online application. The evening also includes a chance to see one of two performances showcasing our art focus special interest programs. The first performance runs from 6:30 pm to 7:10 pm and the second one from 7:30 pm to 8:15 pm. Parents/Guardians of Grade 8 students can use this link (the link is now closed) to reserve a free ticket for themselves and their child for one of these two performances. Some tickets will also be available at the door that evening.
Key Application Details
- November 7 2022: The central student interest programs online application opens.
- November 25, 2022: The central student interest programs online application closes at 4:00 pm.
- Students may apply for two programs and must rank these two programs.
- No audition or interview or portfolio review required.
- All students who submit a complete application will be part of the random selection process when interest exceeds available spots which will determine the successful candidates. 20% of available spots will be reserved for students from systemically marginalized communities that self-identify on the application.
- If a student is accepted into their first art focus choice, they will not be considered for their second choice.
- As per TDSB directive, our school is open to students residing in the M postal code.
ESA Art Focus Special Interest Programs
- Contemporary Art: Learn more [VIDEO]
- Instrumental Music
- Music Theatre: Learn more [Video]
Sample Grade 9 Timetable
|Day||Period 1||Period 2||Lunch||Period 3||Period 4|
|1||Issues in Canadian Geography – CGC1D1||Core French – FSF1D1||Healthy Active Living Education -PPL1O1||Dance – ATC1OP|
|2||Mathematics – MTH1W1||English – ENG1D1||Science – SNC1W1||Dance Performance -ATP1OP|
View our Grade 8 to Grade 9 course selection information slides.