Four great initiatives from Historica Canada.
First… Here’s My Canada.
- Video contest open to Canadians of all ages.
- Prizes up to $10 000 in value.
- Submission deadline August 31st, 2017.
- Video submissions must reflect on Canadian culture, history or identity. This is a chance for you to have fun and be creative as you celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday, or to take a moment to reflect on darker chapters in our nation’s history.
- Although we make reference to “Canadians” throughout our website, we encourage video submissions from anyone living in Canada, not just citizens!
- Videos cannot be longer than 30 seconds.
- Full details and contest Rules and Regulations at the Here’s My Canada website.
Second… the Canada 2017 app.
- In honour of Canada’s 150th birthday in 2017, The Canadian Encyclopedia has developed an app celebrating this great land.
- This engaging new app lets users explore important milestones in Canada’s history.
- Dig through sports memorabilia or the remnants of an incredible party to find historic Canadian milestones.
- Take time to learn more about the NHL, Vimy Ridge and Louis Riel.
- The more milestones you find and explore, the more tokens you earn. Prove how Canadian you are by collecting tokens for the ultimate Canadian treat.
- You could win a beaver, a date with Ryan Gosling, change your name, join a band…become a great(er) Canadian.
Third… the Aboriginal Arts and Stories Competition
- The contest is open to Canadians of Aboriginal ancestry between the ages of 9 – 29.
- Create a writing or art piece that explores Aboriginal heritage or culture.
- Entries must include a 200 – 400 word artist’s statement.
- Submission deadline is March 31st, 2017.
Reminder also about the Votes for Women Art and Writing Contest
- Previously posted on ESAInfo in November 2016.
- Deadline for submissions is May 21st, 2017.