If you are a student receiving this email, please be sure to share the information with your parent/guardian.
What a Family Day Weekend with weather on Saturday more like May than February! I hope you and your family were able to enjoy time together.
- the students who performed in Poetry in Voice on Tuesday after school. We are hoping for a finalist heading to the west coast for the Canada-wide competition.
- the Junior Girls Volleyball team who won their semi-final game last week and is going for the gold on Tuesday at Silverthorn Collegiate, 291 Mill Road. The opening whistle sounds at 3:00 PM. Join us, if you can, and cheer on the Eagles.
- every student and staff member whose hand touched the African Heritage Month assemblies and showcase on Thursday. The morning and evening programs both entertained and reinforced important messages for the audience.
Reminder: If your child was absent on Thursday and did not pick up the February report card, please have your child stop by the office and pick it up on Tuesday morning.
This week at ESA…
- Sears Drama Festival: Tuesday, February 21 at 6:00 PM
Our entry in this year’s Sears Drama Festival will be staged at ESA on Tuesday at 7:00 PM. Come and settle into your seat to watch “What If,” five short, comedic plays. The show runs just short of an hour. This is a run-through in advance of the actual Drama Festival competition on Tuesday, February 28 on the stage at 7:00 PM at Lakeshore Collegiate, 350 Kipling Ave.
- Late Start: Wednesday, February 22
Please note we will follow the Late Start Schedule on Page 4 of the Student Agenda Book. This late start is to allow our teachers to meet together in professional development activities.
- Swim Team City Finals: Wednesday, February 22
Channel positive energy to our swimmers as they are in competition throughout the day on Wednesday. If your child is competing, it would be great to have you there to watch. Please connect with me if you want specific event timing and location.
- Grade 9 Drama Showcase: Wednesday, February 22, 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM.
I will send a separate email to parents/guardians of our Grade 9 Drama Major students with details of this event.
- Parent/Guardian-Teacher Interviews: Thursday, February 23 from 2:00-4:00 and 6:00 to 8:00 PM
Please be sure you have booked your interview time slots. Instructions were emailed last week. If you need help, please let me know and I will direct you to the right folks who will get your appointments booked. Appointments are set for five minutes. If you need more time, please make arrangements for an additional meeting time following February 23.
We will run an altered schedule on Thursday morning, Day 2A:
Period 5: 8:48 – 9:40 AM
Period 6: 9:45 –10:32 AM
Period 7: 10:37 –11:24 AM
Period 8: 11:29 – 12:16 PM
Students will be dismissed at 12:16. There are no afternoon classes.
- Semi-formal: Friday, February 24 from 6:00-10:00 PM
The ‘Semi’ is slated for Berkeley Church on Friday evening. Staff will be present to supervise. Please remind your child that this is a school-sponsored event and behaviour expectations outlined in the Agenda Book apply at the Semi as well. We want this to be a happy evening for all students and staff who attend.
- Grade 9 Tafelmusik Fiddle Project Performance: Sunday, February 26 at 5:30.
Our Grade 9 Strings students will be taking part in a short concert on Sunday, February 26th between 5:30 and 6:00. This is the culmination of the work the students have been engaged in with fiddle ‘aficionado’, Anne Lederman, and Tafelmusik’s Christophe Verrette. The students will join Tafelmusik onstage and perform with them. If your child is performing, I hope you will be able to join me for the event. The concert is at Trinity St. Paul’s United Church on Bloor Street W. If you want more details, please connect with me.
- Grade 9 Drama Showcase. February 27, 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM
- Course Selection Sheets due to Home Form Teachers: Tuesday, February 28
- Grade 10 Drama Showcase. March 1 and 2, 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM
- “Music Theatre,” hosts Toronto Sing: Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4. “GLO” and “Splash” will be participating.